This is one of my favourite recipes at the moment, it’s super easy to prepare and is full of vegetables and fibre. It’s a fantastic one-pot dinner.
Rice and Bean Enchiladas
Modified from a recipe from: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1569634/rice-and-bean-enchiladas
Prep: 15 mins Cook: 30 mins Serves: 4
- 250g pouch wholegrain microwave rice
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 small onion chopped or 1/2 cup of frozen chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped mixed bell peppers (I use frozen)
- 1 cup sweetcorn (can/frozen)
- handful fresh coriander
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 415g can cannelloni beans
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 200g tub tomato salsa
- 150g soya yogurt
- 50g cheese or cheese substitute, grated – optional
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Add the rice to the bowl, then the drained beans, then the vegetables. Mix together then add the cajun spices and coriander
Pour the can of tomatoes into your baking dish. Place the rice, bean and vegetable mix onto the tortillas. Roll up the wraps, arrange on top of the salsa.
Spread the tomato salsa over the wraps then dot over the yogurt and sprinkle over the cheese. Cook for 30 mins until golden and bubbling. Serve sprinkled with the rest of the coriander with a chopped up avocado on the side or any accompaniments of your choice.