Another one of my favourite recipes, so quick to do and miraculously is a massive hit with my children as well as me and my husband! Don’t often get all 4 liking something! We like it quite spicy but you can add as much or as little chilli as you like.
Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 25 minutes (tops) Serves: 2 adults and 2 little ones
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes or 1 red chilli chopped (add more if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- a good grind of black pepper
- the rind of one lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- fresh coriander
- 1 packet (200-220g approx.) frozen prawns (ideally king prawns)
- Linguine/spaghetti – approx 250g
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the garlic, chilli, basil and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes to release all the flavours, careful to not burn the garlic.
- Meanwhile cook the linguine according to the packet
- Add the prawns to the pan, grate on the lemon rind and squeeze in half the juice. A splash of white wine is a nice addition too. Cook until the prawns are cooked through and the pasta is ready.
- Drain the linguine then add the prawns with the juices and mix well.
- Add a handful of chopped coriander
- Serve with a green salad and garlic bread if you fancy more carbs!