If you like warming soups then this will be right up your street, it’s like spicy pea and ham soup. It is not pretty, especially if you use green lentils but it is delicious!
Allergen info: free from cow’s milk, soya, gluten, egg or nuts depending on the stock used.
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 60 minutes Serves: 4
- approx 200g of chorizo, chopped into rings
- 1 onion, chopped roughly
- 2-3 peppers of ant colour, chopped roughly
- 1 chilli, chopped or chilli powder to your taste, I used ½ teaspoon
- 2 cups green or red lentils
- 1.5 litres of low sodium stock (I just happened to make my own this time, but that is rare!
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- coriander to serve
- put the chopped chorizo into a big pan (no oil needed) and brown, then add the onions and peppers. You can either keep the heat high and keep stirring or turn it down and let the vegetables soften down slowly.
- once the chorizo has browned nicely and the veg is getting softer take out the chorizo and set aside in a bowl.
- add the stock, lentils, chilli and spices to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30-60 minutes or until the lentils are lovely and soft
- Blitz with a hand blender until smooth
- add the chorizo and warm it through, garnish with coriander.